Search This Blog & Internet

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network config" Error Message

You may get the following error messages while your Cisco device is booting up:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Socket error)
%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg (Socket error)
%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/router-confg (Socket error)

This is due to a default service configuration option included in the IOS which is trying to access a TFTP server in order to download its configuration file.


In order to fix this issue, issue the following command in global configuration mode:
Router (config)#no service config

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    my site - vitamin a face cream

    ReplyDelete